Material received courtesy of counselor Liliana Barbulescu
- Department for Interethnic Relations of the Romanian Government
The project aims at setting up several tourist routes where whomever is interested can discover the values of the Russian Lippovan community from Romania.
1. What are the most important historical, religious, architectural and cultural sites for the Russian Lipovan community in your region?
,, Saint George the Conqueror " Church in Falticeni township
It is part of the local heritage.
It was built after 1990.
Please indicate if these sites are part of the UNESCO world heritage, the national cultural heritage or the local cultural heritage.
Add color photographs and approx. 10 rows of explanations for each objective (what is its value, why it is important for you, legends and traditions related to that place and so on).
2. What other relevant sites for your community’s culture and traditions can be visited in your town - memorial houses, libraries, etnographic or village museums, county museums including sections for local minorities, statues, monuments, cemeteries?
There are no relevant objectives in Falticeni town regarding Russian Lipovans.
Falticeni city has great cultural importance for Suceava County due to its large number of museums ("Ion Irimescu" Museum of Art , “Mihai Bacescu” Water Museum, Notable Citizens Gallery, “Mihail Sadoveanu” Memorial House) and monuments (People’s Heroes Monument, Border Guard’s Statue, Bust of Major Ion Nicolae, Heroes Monument, Bust of Prince A.I.Cuza, Monument of Soldanesti Heroes).
From Falticeni you can take many trips to churches and monasteries in the area.
The city of Falticeni is mentioned in Prince Constantin Moruzi’s charter from 1780. In the interwar period it was the Baia county capital.
3. What interesting geographical places are located close to the objectives listed above?
Possible tourist routes:
Falticeni-Rasca-Baia-Malini-Slatina-Voronet, Humorului Monastery, Suceava-Falticeni-Stupca (200 Km)
Falticeni-Probota (35 miles)
Falticeni-Tg. Neamt (33 km) – Neamt Monastery (40 km) – Agapia Monastery - Varatec Monastery - Secu Monastery – Sihastrie Monastery
TURISTIC LANDMARKS NEAR FALTICENI:
Dragomirna Monastery –Suceava; Holy Cross Church - Suceava; Arbore Church – Arbore township; Simion Florea Marian Memorial House – Suceava; Ciprian Porumbescu Memorial House – Suceava; Suceava Fortress; Arbore Monastery – Arbore township, Bogdana Monastery – Radauti; Humor Monastery - Humorului Monastery township; Moldovita Monastery - Moldovita township; Probota - Probota township; Putna Monastery - Putna township; Rarau Monastery – Brosteni township; Rasca Monastery - Rasca township; Slatina Monastery, Voronet Monastery - Voronet township; Zamca Monastery – Suceava; Ion Irimescu Art Museum – Falticeni; Hanul Domnesc Ethnographic Museum – Suceava; Suceava History Museum; Museum of Natural Sciences – Suceava; Radauti Ethnographic Museum; Bucovina Village Museum - Suceava
4. What cultural events and special events are currently being held or could be organized? At which dates?
City Days, July 18 to 20,
“Şezătoarea” Festival - July 20
"Festival of Christmas and New Year Traditions " - December 2
5. What hotels and hostels do you recommend in order to provide the necessary tourist services for the potential public?
Polaris Hotel - 2 stars
Iristar Bed and Breakfast - 3 stars