Historical monuments nearby

Print
  • id
  • "Haszmann Pál" Ethnographic Museum - CERNATUL DE JOS
  • CERNAT 469
  • XIV-XIX Centuries
  • CV-II-a-A-13175.
  • According to the paper "Historical Monuments of Hungary" of historian Gyula Forster, the fortified church and enclosure were built in the XIV-XVI centuries; during the sixteenth and seventeenth centuries they served as defense against the Turks. The first bell tower was built in 1727, but then modified between 1761-1763. Manufacturer of the 1761-1763 tower is Mihalzfalvi Lajos. Between 1799-1800 the church was modified in a Baroque style. In 1830, the church and tower were destroyed by fire, and rebuilt between 1835-1845 in a classical style. The author of the reconstruction in 1835-1845 is Landl, a military builder. According to research made by historian Bogdan Denes, the church was built between 1600-1606..The ensemble is made of: a rectangular shape church holding a buttress on each of the four corners; a bellfry oriented to the East compared to the Eastern facade of the Church; a defence tower situated towards the South East of the church, and the rest of the defence wall that was preserved North of the Church. The Church is adorned with stucco ornaments, pertaining to a Classical Baroque style. The ceiling is flat and plastered. On the Eastern and Western end there are tribunes. The pulpit was carved around 1700 out of stone, in Renaissance style. The Church holds two entrances, one to the South and one to the West, both with a porch. The West one is shaped in a Baroque style. The defence tower and wall has maintained it’s characteristic shapes, the small openings, the defence fringes. The funerary stone of Domokos brothers dates back in the 1600 and is placed on the Northern wall inside the Church.
  • Orbán Balázs: Székelyföldés Erdély, CR-ROM, Arcanum, Budapest, 2001, ISBN 9639374148
    Orbán Balázs: A Székelyföldleírásatörténelmi, régészeti, természetrajzi s népismeiszempontból (hasonmáskiadás), BabitsKiadó, Szekszárd, 2002, ISBN 9639272779, (sau Orbán Balázs, A Székelyföldleírása. Vol. III, Háromszék, Pest, 1869)