Historical monuments nearby

  • id
  • Szekler National Museum - SFÂNTU GHEORGHE
  • SFÂNTUL GHEORGHE, 4 Gabor Aron Street
  • 1832, conversions in 1897, 1902
  • CV-II-m-A-13094
  • The building was raised in 1832 by prefect Baldi Laszlo. It was destined to be the Treiscaune County seat. There were three stages to the building: first stage central part of the building –where two levels were erected: ground floor and first floor-. On the ground floor the ceiling is vaulted by a cylindrical shaped dome. On the first floor, the ceiling is flat and plastered. Instead of the main present entrance, there was a vaulted passage opened for carriages. Windows on both levels were rectangular, adorned in a classical manner and ending with semicircular pediments. The framework of the roof is raised. On the Western façade, on both levels, there is a corridor that leads over the flat arches openings.
    In a second stage, in 1897, the two lateral sides are added, including a first floor (North and South). The whole building gets a new façade, the present one, with elements specific to the Renaissance and Baroque. Also in 1897, the North West side is raised.
    In a third stage, in 1902, the ceiling of the festivity hall has been replaced by a metal profile ceiling instead of wood. It is also in 1902 that the corridor and spiral staircase are built, on the Southern side of the building, the toilet is added to the North West side and the open corridor arches are filled with windows. In 1904, the festivity hall is painted in Szekely folk style. In 1942, the festivity hall has been painted again and decorated following Garai Ernest design.
  • Orbán Balázs: Székelyföldés Erdély, CR-ROM, Arcanum, Budapest, 2001, ISBN 9639374148
    OrbánBalázs: A Székelyföldleírásatörténelmi, régészeti, természetrajzi s népismeiszempontból (hasonmáskiadás), Babits Kiadó, Szekszárd, 2002, ISBN 9639272779, (sau OrbánBalázs, A Székelyföldleírása. Vol. III, Háromszék, Pest, 1869)