The ensemble consists of: the Calvin Church (CV-II-mA-13090.01, Dated: XIV Century, 1547, 1803); the Calvin Chapel (CV-II-mA-13090.02,), the former German School, presently confessional room of the Calvin Church (CV-II-mA-13090.03, Dated: 1786); inner wall of the belfry tower [(CV-II-mA-13090.04, Dated: sec. XVI (wall), 1761, transf.1829 (tower) ]. In 1547, Daczo Pal Székely rebuilt the fourteen century church (Gothic style), by an extension to the West. Little information exists on the XIV century Church building that already existed in 1332, on the site of the present one.
While analyzing the parament of the Church, traces of decorative paintings were identified under the northern and southern walls' exterior plaster. The paintings were similar to those preserved in XIV century churches in the area. In 1658, Tartars entered Buzau straits, have conquered and devastated the stronghold of the church and in 1661, Ali Pasha conquers it again. The Church was damaged by earthquakes in 1728, 1739 and 1802. In 1802 the ribbed vaulting nave crashed. Reconstruction of the plastered flat ceiling occurs in 1803, while keeping the carved consoles. In 1829 the tower is elevated.
In 1891 they build the organ in the choir gallery. Placing the organ in the Gothic choir reduced its volume effect.
The Church is located on high ground, surrounded by a walled defense raised in the XVI century. It consists of a rectangular nave and a polygonal choir, the Western portico, surrounded by rampart wall, interstitial belfry tower wall as input. The church has buttresses and Gothic windows, but molding is degraded. Between the nave and chorus there is a semicircular triumphal arch. The organ tribune is situated in the choir apse, while the Western end of the nave is the lad’s tribune.
The external wall on the Western side maintains its original height; all the rest of the upper fortress was demolished. The belfry tower rises on the Southern portion of the wall, which were originally a shorter defense tower then elevated to reach the present shape.. Outside the fort, there are parish buildings dating from 1783 out of the surrounding wall material.